Tips for using thread:
• Thread should match the fabric in most cases. If you can’t find an exact match, select a color one or two shades darker.
• Darker shades blend in more and lighter shades stand out more
• When sewing a stretchy fabric such as a knit or spandex fabric, use polyester thread as it has some give to it.
• Do not use hand-sewing thread in the machine; it is for hand-sewing only.
• In most cases, the same thread should also be used in the bobbin. For machine embroidery, there is special bobbin thread that comes in black and white. When using top stitching thread, all- purpose thread is often used in the bobbin. But when sewing heavy duty items (canvas and upholstery) the heavier thread should be used for both the needle and the bobbin.